View Single Post
Old July 3, 2017   #93
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

The perfect,round fruits from the first pic on the right row is an F1 hybrid from a last year's cross.One parent is unstabilized comercial hybird(F4),but I don't know which one,unfortunatelly.I think it might be big beef:

The second parent is the variety you're all familiar with: Indigo rose.Indigo preforms quite poorly compared to my other varieties,it grows really slowly and always ripens last.But I was reading about it and noticed it has quite a breeding history that lead to it's creation.Because many wild species were used,I decided to make just 1 cross,and planted 10 hybrid plants in the GH.As you can see,I was not disapointed.It's still far off from the goal,but the hybrids do preform better than both parents.It has smaller fruits than the F4 parent,but it grows faster and overall yield is increased:

Some trusses are impressive:

On the second pic you can see my 2 cherry rows,a lot of yellow comes from a multiflora Ildi:

Looks cool,but only the first 2 trusses are like this,upper ones have less fruits.

Cherries typically have lesser yields than big tomatoes,and I'm trying to change that with multifloral varieties since they have a huge potential for yield.
This is a hybrid between Ildi and another multiflora("Red pear multicluster"),it shows only slighty better preformance than parents,but I'm looking into changing that by breeding multiflora varieties that are genetically diverged from each other,hopefully this will produce better multifloral hybrids:

StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote