View Single Post
Old October 23, 2017   #154
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
I'm still trying to grow some tomatoes that would last at least until January.
Ilex promised to write something about tomatoes Colgar, but nothing yet. For example, I do not know when to harvest these tomatoes. So I'm trying to experiment. This year I have beautiful tomatoes Ramallet Saint Llorenc des Cardasar. I have them under the roof and the bad weather (the last two weeks it rains and it's cold) has no negative impact on them.
The fruits are hard and heavy (100 g) when I take them into my hand, so I feel like I'm holding a stone. A large proportion of the flesh, but not as juicy as in tomatoes. The taste of these tomatoes is a little acid now. I hope that some sugars will be created during the storage period. It would probably be interesting to try to dry these fruits now.
Vladimír
On a photo of September 27, two tomatoes are harvested with others sometime around the tenth of September. One of them tasted and I wrote something about my taste. Yesterday, I tasted another of those tomatoes (I chose the seeds - a sacked flower). The taste was even better, somewhat sweeter. Then I noticed that one of the remaining tomatoes is on the original picture so I photographed them again. This tomato did not change at all in a month. This tomato has not changed for a whole month. It's still hard, its color has not changed. I'd rather taste it, but I'll keep it as long as possible. Meanwhile, I can eat a lot of others, which I later harvested.
Vladimír
PS.: Another tomato selected for 2018
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1785.jpg (217.4 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by MrBig46; October 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote