View Single Post
Old August 12, 2010   #14
b54red
Tomatovillian™

You are more than welcome.
I first used it out of desperation because I had reached the end of my rope with all the expensive sprays applied weekly only to see the plants fail to produce a decent crop despite all the cost and labor. I just wish I had started using it sooner; because it's so cheap and easy to use. You don't need a hazmat suit to apply it and it's gone in no time.
I started another experiment today in the worst fusarium ridden bed in my garden. I used the solution in the holes where I am going to plant some more fall tomatoes. I saturated the each of the prepared spots and will wait a day or two to be sure all the Clorox is oxidized. I know this might kill some wigglers but I have plenty and I am only trying it in a few spots. I plan on setting out some varieties that have gotten fusarium so bad they never produced or only made a couple of small green toms before dying. I don't know what will happen or if the Clorox was strong enough to kill fusarium or if sterilizing the spot will do more harm than good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but really don't have much hope.
When I plant I'll try the Root Sheild in a couple of the holes to see if that helps.The trichoderma didn't help at all in this bed; but maybe it needs a chance to get ahead of the fusarium and maybe this will help. All of the June tomatoes planted and treated with Root Sheild have either died from it or are very sick except for Mule Team and Gary O' Sena and they have fusarium but keep hanging on and producing just like when they weren't treated.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote