View Single Post
Old January 17, 2017   #1
tomatoaddict

Default Jerry Harrell and Tomato Geeks

I was invited to come on here and share my story about Jerry Harrell. The growing community is a small place and everyone has the right to know the character and business practices of who they do business with.
In Sept. my webdesigners, a company in Toronto, wanted me to pay 1,500. dollars for them to redo my site with newer code. They also were going to raise my hosting fees to 80. a month. I own Secret Seed Cartel.
I put out a message on my FB to ask for advice on my website. Jerry Harrell jumped in and offered to help me for free. said "he just likes to help people". I took his offer but insisted on paying him. I paid him 300 to rebuild the site. He offered hosting. I said he didn't have to do that but he said he wanted to. The deal was that I would send him some seeds here and there.
First thing he did was plug his blog into my site. I asked him twice to remove it and plug mine in and he ignored me.
He sent me a list of 112. varieties of tomatoes he wanted. That's a lot! I only saw the first 53 because it didn't fit completely in my email. I sent him the 53. He messaged me in October and wanted the other 50. I said no problem.
In the meantime, in a conversation in October, he blurted out my sales figures to me. What! He was looking at my sales info. I don't know about the rest of you but that is just wrong to look at a persons finances without their permission. So there was that.
So Jan 3rd, my birthday, he messaged me about wheres the rest of his seeds. I said "hey, im gonna be layed up from surgery for a few weeks so I'll send them next week. Then, I mentioned that I would probably have godaddy take over hosting in a month or so because I wasn't comfortable with him looking at my sales. Well then he had a complete meltdown. Said I hurt his feelings. Said to get my site off his server and that we couldn't be friends anymore. He was completely unhinged. Finally I said, I am having surgery tomorrow. Give me 2 weeks and it will be moved. Tomorrow would be the deadline for the 2 weeks. He decided yesterday, Monday, to just take it down. No message, no warning nothing. I messaged him and said "hey, this is my only income here. I need my info". He basically told me too bad and blocked me from messaging him and wont' take my calls. So he shut my site down, in the middle of busy season, right after m surgery when I am in a cast and cut off my only income completely. People have offered him money for my content, people have offered to drive to his home and get the back up. NO GO. His goal was to hurt me and destroy my business for nothing more than "hurting his feelings".
He is a damaged man. Who does this to someone. I paid for that site, I own the content and he will not turn it over. He is a very shady character. There are other people out there that have had bad experiences with him besides myself.
That's the Gods honest truth and you should know it before you have any business with him.