View Single Post
Old April 11, 2018   #41
TC_Manhattan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrock View Post
Technically you're right MissS, but I've been taught since I was young never to shoot a rifle up into the air because the bullet can travel a mile or more and you don't know where it's going to land. Shotshell pellets only make it around 600yds before they come down and have very little energy left when they do. A 12ga would be my choice too, but for a new shooter a 20ga would suffice without the added recoil.
Yes, the range is my concern, also mine is a bolt action rifle, so it would take time to fire additional shots at a moving target. Besides which I am not that great a shot when firing under time duress and the shotgun would give me a better chance at hitting it in one shot. I'd worry about bullet travel, and don't want to risk problems with my neighbors.

The drone in question is no more than 16" max across and they fly it pretty low. I've seen it no more than 8-12 feet above ground when it was chasing the horses.

As a first timer (and I'm not that big) sounds like 20 ga. is what I need. Not sure I'd want to handle a 12 ga. that might knock me over.

Thanks, guys.

Would you worry about buying a new Remington now since they just announced they're fining bankruptcy?
TC_Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote