View Single Post
Old August 3, 2010   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default It's August! So who's coming to MAGTAG?

This has been the strangest (and hottest) summer I can remember - I hope that things cool down by the 21st. My harvest has been pretty sorry so far, but perhaps it's just late ...

Anyway, who plans on attending this year, and are there any special tomatoes you're bringing?

I will go down into the bowels of our basement and check what leftover supplies we have. Greg F., do your kids want to handle the awards again? How about the tip jar?

DH Dave might not be able to grill this year, as he could be having surgery on the leg that he had the DVT in a few years ago - it's bothering him again and the docs think that it's probably not another clot since he's on coumadin, but there may be some kind of blockage. As far as I know, Greg M. will still be available to man the grills.

I'll be doing the BLT bar again this year. Also, Dave snagged brand new copies of Amy Goldman's Heirloom Tomato book and "Heirloom" by Tim Stark. They are review copies the publishers sent to the Baltimore Sun, where Dave works He figures we could raffle them off for charity ... maybe Trudi's organization? Comments?