View Single Post
Old November 16, 2016   #11
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the kind words. This soil will grow anything and do it quickly, but it is so dry that Governor Haslam has a burn ban in place till December 15th. No one can remember when that kind of ban was ever put in place.

I've lost a lot of the grass in the yard - about 30%. On a positive note, I haven't had to mow the grass nor break out the weed eater. And, I've been out at the lake walking along the edges and have found a lot of stuff people drop off boats - glasses, hemostats, tools, boat motors, anchors, rods and reels, and a bunch of artificial lures that don't float. I'll be going out to some of the marinas with my metal detector and see what has fallen off the walkways. It gets me out of the house.

They're saying we have "a chance of a shower or two Friday or Saturday, but it will be hit of miss". The long range forecast doesn't have any hope in it, either. The county takes water from Norris Lake for our drinking water. I've heard that the intake pipes are only about a half dozen feet from being exposed. That would shut down three or four entire counties.

My apologies to the folks in the coastal areas, but we need something on the scale of a hurricane to park here for a week or so.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote