View Single Post
Old May 12, 2015   #27
tnkrer
Tomatovillian™

Wormgirl ..
Right. My question was really only about adding kelp and/or fish to my fertlization regimen. And from the users of kelp and fish .. its a resounding, overwhelming yes.

Neptune seems to the the front runner. But I was trying to stretch my dollars so I went with GS Plant foods. I wont be able to compare with Neptune products since I have not bought those. But I will compare the performance and taste of my produce with my last year. (Which for me was a phenomenally productive year and I do not know how I will do better)

Advantages of organic is a different question and not a simple one I think .. so will not go into it here.

As far as TTF and Dynagrow (Foliage Pro). I have used both and in my head to head comparison Foliage pro did better than TTF for tomatoes. (more production with Foliage pro. I couldn't tell any difference between taste.) I use Foliage pro for my containers in addition to the organic fertilizer strip. In ground gets tomato tone/garden tone/ plant tone ..

This year both will get alternate weeks of fish/kelp fertilizer

So another question seems to be - is foliar spray better? For my containers, I plan to feed it from the water reservoir. For in ground .. have not decided
tnkrer is offline   Reply With Quote