View Single Post
Old July 15, 2017   #107
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
If you look at Town Hall you'll see that Michka has not been approving any new registrations. I currently have 3 who have contacted me,one says he's waited a month,another said he tried to e-mail Town Hall,no can do.

Another one is a long time friend who was based in MA, same state as Mischka, I asked M to let him in, fabulous website called Grow Italian,but he retired to FL and I bumped into him at the old Garden Web, now Houzz,he was so surprised I found him,but then said he would go thru the normal registration process,and gave me his new user name. Nothing yet at all.

One of the persons above said he got a notice saying no new registrations would be allowed, time span not given, but I do think that was after Tville was hacked twice and shut down. I haven't even seen M online until yesterday,so I have to e-mail him myself since I said I would get back to each of the above when I hear back from M..

Just giving you heads up on possible problems with Samir register,or trying to do so.

Carolyn, so MM grown all over Lebanon,not just or at all in the hill towns.Makes a huge difference as you know.
Thank you for letting me know, and Nan in the following post, about potential difficulties getting in. I will let him know this- all I can do until then is copy and paste email correspondence from him here on this thread. I do hope he can get in, as I have the suspicion that some here may consider him to be an apparition, a figment of my imagination, or a small piece of anti-matter

Regarding MM, when I first described the story of Omar Saab bringing you those seeds from one of the hill towns, and I showed him a picture of the fruit from your book, he said "oh, that's Majdel Maouch", without hesitation. Majdel Maouch is an actual town outside Beirut, where that tomato originated from. He just told me that the tomato is most famous for the exceptional size and taste- as I mentioned, they grew a 2 kg MM a few years ago. He told me that MM is well-known throughout Lebanon.
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote