View Single Post
Old July 16, 2017   #109
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Darin, I was just outside inspecting my tomato plants and found...
A Doton's Lebanese baby heart! I must have missed it in the past; it's about an inch tall and over an inch wide. It's definitely a cute pointy heart.

FYI, my acceptance to Tomatoville took about a month. DH was once the moderator of a board, and he said he'd make applicants wait a month to ensure they weren't bots.

Nan
Interesting to me Nan and here's why.

You joined Tville in Dec of 2016 so have been here less than a year,no problem.

Then you say your DH was a mod and said he'd make applicants wait a month to be sure they weren't bots.

No mod here,global or otherwise can approve anyone who applies,only Mischka can. And that's the way it's been at other sites where I've participated at,only admin can do so.

Are there any tests given here when applying to be sure a person isn't a bot?I don't know since the first day that Tville opened I found myself as a Global Mod and that since M knew me already from other sites where we both participated.

But,not too long ago someone asked me to take a look at a site and in order to even view it I had to pass some tests. Reading some numbers and letters and what they spelled was one, another was looking at a sign and clicking on all the blocks in that sign that had streets named. Then I thought I was OK,but no, what will my user name be?

Not enough/too many letters/numbers,try again, and on and on it went.

I guess I was finally in,was notified,but never went back.

So, are there any tests to see if a person is a robot when applying for registered status here at Tville?I'd really like to know,and it does relate to now 4 folks, I posted this elsewhere who had varying stories about why they thought they hadn't yet been approved.

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn