View Single Post
Old July 6, 2017   #42
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

These next pics for FredH.

Fred... Finally got the camera to work right to get you pics of your GBT F's.

These plants sure do love to grow tall. They nice and healthy and a couple I had to top back to 10' as they were well over 12' and I could reach that tall anymore and they didn't like trying to grow down over a drop line. One of the pics below shows how tall they are. They reaching for the clouds.

Plants are nice and healthy. Been through every type of weather and not dropping blossoms even in our 101F temps with humidity. They aren't wilting, but I sure am.

The foliage is all the same on all the different plants. A regular leaf that wispy and it like to hang down. The real difference is in the fruits. Some of the fruits are the size of what Green Tiger is. Some are 1/4" to 1/2" shorter and some are a bit fatter than others. Some are more rounded on the bottom and some more pointed and nippled.

So far they all seem to have that I call it faint stripping of darker green to lighter green. Finally the first fruit has started blushing. Last pics. This first blushing does remind me of how Green Tiger first started turning. Not sure how well you can see it or not, but at the bottom of the fruit. Small red patches have started to develop. Not sure yet if they plan on continuing or will become full stripes or not.

It is going to be interesting to see how it does fully turn and also how the rest of the different F's develop their color.

I'm hoping it tastes as good as what Blush did. I'm hoping it hangs through the heat, humidity and GrayMold and Late Blights that come through the South here.

All my tomatoes are grown the same. Soil mix is KGRO potting soil with some perlite added. All get TT every other week with same amount of Epsom Salt and watered six days , when not raining, with MG. All are grown in 3 gallon containers.

Will add more pics for you when they start turning and saving your seeds and will send you some ripe tomatoes to taste test. That is after I eat one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Fred's 021.JPG (106.4 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 022.JPG (117.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 023.JPG (119.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 024.JPG (123.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 025.JPG (94.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 026.JPG (178.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 028.JPG (138.4 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg The Fred's 029.JPG (111.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg OldWyandottenRioGrande 009.JPG (376.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg OldWyandottenRioGrande 010.JPG (393.7 KB, 101 views)
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote