Thread: tomato wine
View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013   #3
Wayne C
Tomatovillian™

Default Not sure if you'll get this...

antichevarieta not sure if you'll see this but... I just got to Tomatoville recently and just saw this post.
Yes, I am a big fan and maker of homemade Tomato tomato/hybrid wines (mixed tomato/fruit/grape) wines. I first encountered tomato wine about 34 years ago when I was an exchange student spending a summer in England. And yes, if you look at my profile that made me less than 21 at the time... I stayed with a very traditional Brit family that had (and to my good fortune MADE) their own wine and served it daily with meals. And one of those wines was... t o m a t o !!! But I digress. I immediately came to love the stuff!
Later when I started making home wines I began experimenting with making my own. One year I grew WAYYYYY more tomatoes than I could ever pickle, cook, salad, dehydrate, (you get the idea...) I threw in my first 5 gallon batch with a partial batch of homegrown grape wine I didnt have enough to top off(I grow about 25 grape vines too in a mini vineyard) and the rest was history.
Anything specific about tomato wine/winemaking that you want to know???
Wayne C.
PS: Nice to meet you...Just call me the wine wizard...lol.

Last edited by Wayne C; March 1, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Wayne C is offline   Reply With Quote