View Single Post
Old November 19, 2008   #8
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default reply

Earl we all are worried. The ecomony is bad. Giving in to worry is only going to make our blood pressure go up. Then we need antidepressents and blood pressure medications and those cost a fortune as well. But there are other ways to look at it. We could live in a third or fourth world country. We could face being killed because of our beliefs. If the worst thing that happens is I loose all my financial belongings, I am doing good. All I can say is been there done that. You live through it. I grew up poor. There were times that we didn't have electricity or water. We did not have a telephone at all. I got married at 15 to get away from the house (it was a dangerous enviornment and I will leave it at that). Then my husband who works his butt off started a company. We had house, pool, very expensive sports car. I was about 22 at the time. We lost everything because the partner stole all the money. Now we are holding on due to medical bills. Taxes are going to go up. No way around it, but like I said, what doesn't kill you makes you grow. My father grew up in the depression. Others lived through the dust bowl. Lets not mention the plague that wiped out tons of people then there is the small pox epidemc? Polio? Spanish inquisition, Holocost? Bring on the taxes!!! Worst case senerio is we have a tea party in the harbor.
PS celibrated 26 years of marriage to the same man this past October.
Kat