View Single Post
Old March 7, 2018   #10
PotGarden
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
Several of your suggestions, rhines81, are an improvement over my initial thoughts. I'll be using coir as a seed starting medium, and I'll just add some ferts to grow a bit longer before their pot up. Another change is that I have 4 inch pots ready , I actually replaced all my 2 traditional inch pots with a more squat 2 inch pot for herbs. Several posts point to a more robust transplant with the larger size.

The kelp treatment was discussed in a thread I started about a month ago. The author of a "Starting From Seed" used this technique, although it was quickly shown as ineffective by some here.

I'll play be ear the cold treatment time in a few weeks.

I used to start peppers before tax season started in January and they were too tall and possibly stunted at plant out. Now retired from that occupation, I have the luxury of working at my pace. If you started peppers, pakley, I better get a move on. I moved here 23 years ago from NY/NJ area, just weeks after my son was born. The winter is colder, but spring arrives around the same time and spring temperatures are similar. My daughter used to play outside year round, and it was definitely a challenge staying indoors when raising my son.

I overwintered a few hot peppers but they were outdoor grown. Rhines81, are you planning to top your indoor only houseplant japaleno plants in winter?

- Lisa
Hi, Lisa.
Do you know offhand where that help thread you mentioned here is?
Thanks!
PotGarden is offline   Reply With Quote