View Single Post
Old December 10, 2017   #7
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
if your cross wasn't successful, by that do you mean if the bloom was already self pollinated before you emasculated it? If that was the case, your F1 will just be a normal version of the mother plant, your indeterminate heart. Or did I misunderstand what you are asking?
Are the newly forming fruits hearts? Are both parents reliably stable OPs?
KarenO
I want to know if the cross took or if all I have is the female parent's normal fruit. I'm trying to find some difference before fruit color to let me know I've got a cross.

The fruits are not heart-shaped currently. They're small and round as of yet, the biggest is about 1/2". AMH is a pink heart, and HM is a red elongated cherry with a point. But my knowledge of the relative shape dominance in tomatoes is not advanced; the only thing I know I can count on in the F1 is red fruit.

I'm just impatient to see if it is a cross, because it's my first and only successful cross. I'm far too excited about it, & have big plans for it. Also, I'm growing 11 F1 plants on a table in my basement. I'm afraid to throw any out in case some aren't truly F1's. There are these stocky precocious ones with flowers and some pale green thin stemmed ones without.

Both parents are stable OPs.

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote