View Single Post
Old January 21, 2017   #27
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Do you mean "Leatherman" as 'multi-tool,' or are you talking specifically about the brand name Leatherman? I have had a lot of super-cheap and crappy multi tools. I do have one now that I like a lot. Schrade is the brand. My dad was a maintenance man for the University of Florida twenty years ago. They gave them out as Christmas gifts, and he gave me his.

Needle-nose pliers are a "you get what you pay for" type of item. The cheap ones will bend in an afternoon. The best I've ever had have been Craftsman, but as we talked about on another thread, that brand has now been sold to Stanley.

Channel-locks are more of a plumbing tool, but I agree they are absolutely required in any tool box. I use mine a lot. I wish someone had taught me as a kid how to use them to hook up a washing machine. The hoses always leak unless they get tightened with channel locks.
My friend in Nebraska was flooring and carpet contractor who started in the business working for his father in the sixties. Years ago he showed me Leatherman multi tool he kept in his pocket at all times! He said it was the real Leatherman and told me don't buy the cheap knockoff! Seems like he paid hundred or so for it and I'm sure he still has it! He said it saved him so much time in unnecessary trips to get tools. jimbo
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote