View Single Post
Old August 26, 2017   #33
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I want the scales.

Worth
Not happening! It was very accurate at a 1000 gram when I checked it a few years back. My grandmother was an accountant and I assume she used it for work.

OR117 is pretty reliably sweet. I think it has more tang than kellog's breakfast. I really do like them. I don't think I will bother with kelloggs or sweet ozark orange next season and will go with just OR117 for orange tomatoes.

The three I have out back in cages are doing fine. That big one tasted great and really wasn't watery like I thought it might be. That was grown in a 2nd year raised bed that we filled with finished compost and some perlite and 10-10-10 last spring. It gets full sun and lots of rain but lots of drainage as well, and we trench plant most tomatoes into CRW cages. My brother gets lots of big tomatoes up there; I do okay with great numbers, but have more shade at my house and can't compete with size of fruit. Mine are plenty big for me.

This was that 2lb9oz cut open...I may have used a dozen slices of italian bread for that one.

"We're gonna need a bigger bread..."
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote