View Single Post
Old January 20, 2015   #12
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I used some clamps on my PVC high tunnel a couple of years ago and they don't really hold if there is any wind. I also did the "lace up" thing with Paracord. That works great.

I have made some DIY clamps with the black PVC water line stuff that worked as good if not better than those I purchased. Take a small piece of the pipe you want to clamp to to the store with you and stick it in the end of some of the black water lines til you find a size that is a decent but a bit loose fit. A bit loose to allow for the plastic. On the project I did, I has some metal conduit type pipe and a size larger of the black pvc worked.

Cut about a 4 inch piece / clamp you want. Then cut a slit across the piece. That's all you need to do but you could round edges if you want. They will go on a bit hard. You need to start on 1 end and kind of rock them in place. They come off even harder and you may need a flat screw driver to pry them a bit. If you want easier off and on, cut out a bit of the circumference of the piece but not too much.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote