Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018   #279
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I need to wake this thread up. If my health agrees, I will be pulling some tomato plants up tomorrow morning to show some pictures. The plants are FFF,N varieties that I quit watering when they showed obvious signs of RKN and/or FW3.
Over the last few years I have had a few plants grafted onto various fff,n root stocks show some signs of fusarium wilt and have even had a couple of them die from it. I also had two different plants show RKN on the roots when I pulled them. But that is out of hundreds of plants. I also had the same thing happen with some of the fff,n super hybrids I tried before I started grafting. I think the resistance these plants have is not foolproof all the time but it is a sight better than what I was dealing with.

The number of these incidences was so small compared to the 90% or more of my heirlooms being affected in some of my worst years that I decided to commit to grafting and I am so happy I finally took the plunge. I still have all the other problems that tomato growing down here involves but in comparison it seems almost carefree. Of course grafting has its own set of problems I am still learning about.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote