View Single Post
Old June 28, 2015   #7
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

OK, no problem, it will be easy to repot at this point. My only reason for trying 2/pot is to save on potting mix, which I spent a fortune on last year. I was able to can tomatoes from just my potted plants last year, which saved my year. I have no desire to make my own potting soil so I use Miracle Grow. The plants did great last year. This year I am reusing the old soil but putting 30-50% new soil on top and I will have to fertilize since I am sure there isn't much left in the old soil. I haven't decided what to use for that yet.

I am planting these out so late because I have had major changes/renovations going on in the yard and garage and did not have a place for the pots or the time. I planted my garden with 12-16 tomatoes, can't remember exactly how many right now, several weeks ago. But I never got the rest into the pots. The Dwarfs still look great, very healthy. The others obviously need food, water and pots to spread out their roots but I am sure they will recover. If not, I have a full garden of plants.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote