Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2019   #2968
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
I haven't decided the details, but basic goal is that most of it will be incorporated into the landscape one way or another.

@ GoDawgs, congrats on finally some rain! Hope Bill gets some too.
https://phys.org/news/2019-10-drough...rn-states.html
Thanks for the thought Bower; but so far no luck. It has cooled a little today after yesterday getting in the mid 90s it looks like it may only get to the upper 80s which feels pretty good for a change. There is an increased forecast for a chance of rain over the next week and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Half my bell peppers have died this past month and all of my remaining tomatoes are just hanging on with TYLCV waiting for the few fruits still on them to ripen before I can remove them. I still have a good section of one of my beds with some still fairly healthy bell peppers and if it does remain cooler and we get some rain they will keep right on making I suppose. Despite the drought this was my best year ever for bell peppers and my tomatoes did fairly good due to decreases in foliage diseases. I don't remember ever having a summer with such relatively low humidity.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote