View Single Post
Old March 26, 2019   #20
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooty View Post
People are rather jumpy when it comes to Monsanto. Put aside politics and gardening preferences for one second, if it's only about science, it's actually possible to reconcile both possibilities.

Chemical/element uptake is highly variable depending on the organism. Just because a compound can accumulate in a chicken doesn't mean it can in human (to a deletrious effect I mean), in a scenario where both are provided the same vegetative feed. You'd have to check with a embryologist, maybe someone in internal medicine familiar with bioacculmulation research to know for sure.

If your homework, it's been well established that chemically, the human body is too stupid to identify the difference between sprayed organic BT and the organic BT compound from GMO-corn products. When it comes to digestion, there's nothing scientific that has even remotely suggested BT-corn is unsafe. Now there are other valid concerns with BT-corn, but that's a completely separate debate.

I really hope Monsanto is right and there are no health concerns with Roundup residues in the food system for the the sake of all of us. Count me as skeptical.

I have given up bread for white Corn Tortillas and now eating organic oatmeal among other things to cut back on my exposure to Roundup.

Monsanto has been poisoning the planet and lying about it for close to 100 years I think.I just don't trust them with good reason.

Los Angeles County Bans Use of Roundup Weed Killer

Looks like the beginning of the end for Roundup anyway.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...er?context=amp
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote