View Single Post
Old November 13, 2017   #31
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hey Hang On...Earlier I explained about the bottom design of the pots ..The soil inside has to make contact with the capillary cloth ...thats why I pack the bottom layer of soil firmly down hoping that the soil gets into the four slots where there is a hole that with soil in it would make contact with the cloth.....but after all the stuff being thrown at me about my plants being wet I have not been applying any water to the trays and the water has evaporated and the capillary's have basicly dryed out....The point I tried to make is had the plants been older and bigger the roots would be searching for water even to the point of growing through the cloth....I have never had problems with my capillary cloth as far as over watering goes apart from Jiffy cups ..and there is a reason for that....

It all very easy to see photographs and make accusations against me that I know are untrue ...I work with and check these plants every day and I know that they are not overwatered ....Nobody has actually told me how they can tell overwatering via a photograph ...The plants roots no doubt are still growing within the moss mix they were propagated in and it holds water but not the soil around the outside....
Thinking back I have an idea all this overwatering was slung into my face earlier last season and I resented it then as I do now....

Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote