Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old December 28, 2017   #1558
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I can only get my computer going when the temp in here is about 69 to70. I got it going yesterday but today I had to wait a long time before it made temp.

The next seven days up here are supposed to be even worse,I'm not talking about wind chill,I'm talking about actual temps.

My primary heat here is what's called a Monitor, a Japanese unit that runs with kero vented to the outside and is computer controlled. A computer fan up high in the hallway sends warm here back here but that warm air doesn't know how to make a quick left turn into my bedroom where I have my computer soI have one of those milk house heaters.

Backup is baseboard electric heat but if the power goes out I'm sunk,no alternatives, am totally home bound now and the only way I can leave this house is in an ambulance.

And I am NOT going to deliberately fall to get an ambulance here .I try hard enough already not to fall again.

Fingers crossed that my kero will be delivered this week, I called Monday after Freda looked at the fill level and Julie said I HOPE it will get there this week, long list already,and me too since mine runs on gravity feed not a motor.

So if I don't show up,well.........

Carolyn,oh wonderful since the temp outside got up to 6 and is now back to 4 F. I have a small unit here inside that reads both inside and outside temps.