View Single Post
Old May 12, 2006   #9
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Hi guys!
Sorry it has taken me so long to post. I have been SO busy it's not even funny!!

Heather & I had a great time at the plant swap!!

You guys are a really nice bunch. We really enjoyed the food and the chatting. The park was really nice. I have to admit that this was my first "BBQ Competition" that I have entered and I have a sneaking suspicion that who ever declared it a tie had alterior motives on their mind. :wink: I am also wondering if there will EVER be a winner declared too!!

But honestly, I really enjoy preparing BBQ'd stuff and as long as you enjoyed the Pulled Pork, that is all that is important to me.

The tomatoes.

I have to say a HUGE Thank You to everyone who gave me plants. I also know that if I ever have anything that I want sold, all I have to do is give Gary a ring!! I think he must have been a used car salesman in a previous life!! He even had my wife accepting plants and she isn't the one who wants to grow them, she just wants to EAT them!! I got there with 9 varieties and came home with 23!!!!!

Oh yeah, here is the description of the Lampa Alladina and the Kasachstan Kleine plants that I took to the swap:

Lampa Alladina is probably Yellow Japanese Trifele but who can prove it. Yellow pear shape from Russia. I got it from Sweden so you're not likely to find much about it here yet.

Kasachstan Kleine is a pink oblate tomato that I got from Germany, don't know more about it than that. Good one, very vigorous.

This is how the person who sent the seed to me described them. If you would like to know who the seed was from PM me or e-mail me. I have not posted their name publicly out of respect to them.

You guys are a great bunch.

I am looking forward to August.

Thanks again,
Neil