View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Carolyn had a great post on an old forum about this. If I can find my copy of it on my old computer, I'll post it later. I had a computer meltdown about a month ago and I'm still trying to find things I need so be patient with me.

Carol, I tried answering you much earlier this AM but there was a server error and I lost the whole post.

I know what you're referring to now.

When I first started posting online about tomatoes it was at the AOL TOmato Forum in the mid to late 80's and I wrote a series of articles about foliage diseases, soilborne diseases, those diseases that have wilting, BER and many more articles.

When I was asked to be the lead Moderator at Tomatomania when that site first opened there were some folks who knew of those articles and I was asked to post them as a link in their resource area, which I did.

I was surprised to find that some of them showed up at other sites including one University site, some Master Gardener sites and some others.

I was not happy about that at all.

In any case much info in those articles is quite out of date when it comes to possible prevention and treatment and in the meantime there have been several newer diseases recognized that have turned out to be a problem.

Most of the diseases have been a known problem for decades but new races of Fusarium and TMV and Verticillium, for instance, have been ided in the meantime.