View Single Post
Old January 4, 2008   #51
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, I'm still waiting for my 2008 SH catalogue and the online version is not yet updated. Last year's had incorrectly named Canuck varieties, ones I know Bill Minkey and SSE vaults have as well. I'm concerned that someone from SODC is circulating these registered Ag Canada varieties to unsuspecting folks, folks like Bill and Glenn who will deligently preserve these seeds, names and histories intact, not knowing there are problems. I've emailed Linda, but never heard back. Any suggestions? I can provided supporting documentation, if needed.

The problem with these wrong varieties goes deeper than my fixation with correctness; CFIA is exploring Canada Seed Act violations (and to date, no heritage seed company here complies) and is on the way to full adoption of the OECD Seed Scheme and the EU seed models. Plus Canada is currently negotiating a FTA with Japan that will require Canada to ramp up to UPOV 1991.

Thanks heaps!!!

Jennifer, thumping forehead on wall and anxiously awaiting the SH catalogue for the non-Canuck stuff