View Single Post
Old October 26, 2016   #20
BajaMitch
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Ricky, for the info on the fertigation recipe that you use. I believe that AKMark uses a much higher concentration than the 1500 to 2000 millisiemens by about a plus 70%, though, but then again, he has many more hours of sunshine than we do.

I believe that the precise recipe that AKMark uses is based on the ratios of NPKCaMgS that Hydro-Gardens.com recommends for their tomato fertigation solutions. AKMark simply increases the concentration by another 70% or more.

Next season I will be using Chem-Gro's exact NPKCaMgS ratios using some alternate all water soluble ferts and some alternate slow release ferts in a 4.25 gallon Drip irrigation container and in a 3.5 gallon Self-Watering Container. My cost per container (grow media plus ferts) will range between $2.77 and $3.63 for the Drip irrigation containers and between $2.34 to $2.98 for the self-watering containers for an entire growing season.

FWIW, this season, after my last harvest, I started some new plants from cuttings off the old plants on September 1st using fertigation based on the Chem-Gro fert ratios for NPKCaMgS. I also selected two old plants and applied Chem-Gro fert ratios to them for the last month and a half. At this point, I am seeing spectacular results and plant health for both the cuttings and the two old plants. This bodes well.

I am doing an experiment with the abovementioned cuttings. I will be growing these cuttings throughout this winter and spring in order to have them available to make cuttings from these plants to be used for the 2017 growing season. That's the plan; I hope it works.

Last edited by BajaMitch; October 26, 2016 at 10:25 PM.
BajaMitch is offline   Reply With Quote