View Single Post
Old December 22, 2015   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Pressure Cooking Fish?

30 years ago, I re-met this amazing girl who really liked/s me. She and I did everything together - including fishing. She is still with me 30 years later.

Now the story and question: We were fishing with rods and reels out at the local lake while sitting on a piece of plywood supported by an old washing machine in about 3' of water. Suddenly a fishing pole got a bite and we caught it just before it was lost to the lake. We fought that fish for a long time. We finally got it close enough so that I could get in the water with a net to gather the fish.

It turned out to be a 23 pound Drum (Fresh water). Drum have a lot of tiny bones.

We took it to my grandfather and asked him what to do with it? He told us that he would take care of it. A day or two later, he told us that he took it to a friend who pressure cooked it. My grandfather was good about making you unsure if he was telling the truth. (Nice way of putting it.) No matter how they prepared it - it was the best tasting fish I have ever eaten.

Do you pressure cook large boney fish?
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote