View Single Post
Old June 9, 2015   #108
WVTomatoMan
Tomatovillian™

Atomic Grow was highly recommended to me by a friend. I've seen conflicting reports about this product over the years. I decided to get to the bottom of it. One sure fire way to do this is to conduct an experiment yourself in your own garden which is what I've done.

My test group is 34 tomato plants and 36 pepper plants. My control group is 44 tomato plants and 64 pepper plants. My control group is receiving my normal foliar fertilizer treatment. Let the best product win, assuming of course that Atomic Grow doesn't burn my leaves and/or kill my plants.

Right from the get-go I think I see a possible source of confusion. The directions on the container say to mix 1/2 to 3/4 oz. per gallon of water. Then it goes on to say for tender plants such as tomatoes and peppers mix 1/4 oz. per gallon of water. I mixed 1.5 teaspoons, which according to my calculations is 1/4 oz., per gallon of water and sprayed my test group. I sprayed in the morning. Shortly after spraying the plants were in full direct sun. It was then partly sunny and very breezy that afternoon. That was Sunday, June 7th. Today is Tuesday, June 9th. I see no signs of burning on any of my tomato or pepper leaves in the test group.

That's all I can report thus far. It will take some time to see if the product has any affect positive or negative.

I think I've been around long enough that people realize I have no vested interest other than to find out what the heck is going on. I shall conduct a fair and unbiased experiment.

I don't know why it didn't burn my leaves. Mix ratio? Water? I'm on a well and maybe the other people use what we call city water. Other environmental factors?

Randy
WVTomatoMan is offline   Reply With Quote