View Single Post
Old February 4, 2008   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoaddict View Post
Carolyn I am curious about Harvest Moon. What do you know about them? I noticed that this year they had a "new" heirloom paste variety. Also, they are the ones selling the alleged "Buckyeye State". I emailed them about their source one time and they never responded.
I was always hesitant about HM for a number of reasons and now about the only way you can get to them is thru the felco pruners link.

But I've got the Buckeye State thing under control.

At DG where I also post someone talked about HM and was having problems, I think, getting seed back and finally got them, but in the meantime had said she'd ordered Buckeye State and my eyes bugged out, really.

And you know why, b'c supposedly it's extinct.

Now someone who posts here had said several years ago that he had Buckeye and I forget the other one, and at the time said he was dealing with a seed co, but he didn't post any pictures and was quite quiet about it and never shared any seeds with anyone.

Anyhow, I sent the HM page with Buckeye on it to Craig and he was going to share with Mike Dunton and the woman at DG said she got those seeds and asked if I wanted any and I said yes, so she's supposed to be sending them to me and in turn I'll send them to Craig and Mike.

It's up to Mike and/or Craig to contact HM and get the documentation they need but I don't think it's going to be forthcoming.

And the person who initially said he had Buckeye and another extinct Livingston said he was wrong, or words to that effect, so who knows what's where.