View Single Post
Old January 4, 2014   #1
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Default Angel Field Heirloom Tomatoes Seeds

I want to Thank everyone for helping me to become a Professional Farmer. I have the last house from the Contraband Slaves here in Hampton. Learning how to farm like the Natives Americans has been very hard work. Especially learning each fruit and vegetables the Native Americans taught the free Contraband Slaves to grow very close the water front took many years of Research, and you help. It hard trying to do all of this hard works while suffering from Dyslexia. My Ninth Grade Teacher taught me that President Abraham Lincoln suffered from dyslexia too and always stay focused. Saving this Historical House and the Muscadine Grape Vine along with the Food History of these forgotten Professional Farmers has just taken the best of my life and hopefully I have the same energy and time to learn the food history of Irish Americans. I want to thank everyone for being very patience with me over the last 10 years.

You can contact me anytime with any information about Irish Fruits & Vegetables History. .http://angelfieldheirloomtomatoes.com

My real Name is Joyce Beggs.
Form the Homeless people to Forgotten History.

Our Mission
Angel Field Heirloom Tomatoes Historical Property mission is to preserve the farming and food history of the Contraband Slaves who received freedom protection here during the Civil War from the Hon. Union General “Benjamin Franklin Butler” in May 23, 1861. Butler's decisions gave Contraband Slaves of all ages the first protection of Freedom, as they pour in to Fortress Monroe after the burning of the City of Hampton. The Contraband Slaves calling their new found home ““Chesapeake City” They brought with them Historical Seeds, Historical Plants, and especially a “Historical Muscadine Grapes Vine” which still growing strongly on our historical property. Native Americans taught the Contrabands Slaves to use the muscadine grapes as medicine. Along with Winter Squashes like the historical “Cushaw Squash” and other farming secrets Native’s Americans taught the Contraband Slaves to survive in the new found home called “Chesapeake City” by using the Native American Farming Secrets were able to survive and feed their families. Native American only shared their food secrets of their Native Plants with cultures they trusted. We hope to make available 2 year old cutting from our Historical "Muscadine Grape Vines" to plant on your property by selling plants from the Mother Vine from 1861. In 1910 the Muscadine’s Vines were being genetically altered, so it's our goal to make available pure cutting in 2015. So sign-up for our News Letters.
• Goals for 2014
• Native Americans also shared their farming & food secrets with Irish Americans. Angel Field Heirloom Tomatoes Goals for 2014 is collecting the food history from Ireland emigrants starting in 1847 as the Irish blood in my family arrived here in America around 1847-1861, with very little known about the seeds and plants they brought with them. Is’ our Mission to bring your New Varieties from Ireland in 2014. So please sing-up for our Newsletters as we add Heirloom Tomatoes Varieties from Ireland we grew here last summer and make seeds available for your home Garden. We will collect and sharing not only the seeds, but most importantly the fruits & vegetable plant characteristics and historical information about the seeds and plants varieties. The Irish Blood in my family come to American around 1861: same time the Contraband Slaves found their freedom here in Hampton Virginia during the Civil War. We have recovered some Dutch Heirloom Varieties this year as well and their heirloom seeds are being adding here to our E-Bay collection. .
• We welcome gardeners from all over the world to make contributions to the mission by buying our Heirloom & Open-pollinated Seeds to support our Missions and preserve our historical farming land & the History of the Contraband Slaves of Fort Monroe.
• Thank You

Framer Joyce Beggs
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote