View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013   #32
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn I think I just lucked out with the Indian Stripe PL. I have no idea if this new one I'm trying will work out. It may be that the rootstock experiment will end it for me if it doen't turn out to have the fusarium resistance I'm looking for. What gives me high hopes is the fact that for two years it has grown in my worst bed while all other tomatoes including fusarium resistant hybrids have failed. I'm not really interested in continuing it if it doesn't show the resistance I need. If it does work out I'll start a new thread on it.

I can tell you with fair certainty that Indian Stripe PL does not have as much fusarium resistance as the regular leaf Indian Stripe. I have been growing it regularly since finding it and invariably it falls to fusarium faster than the regular leaf version. It could just be luck but with my soil so infested with fusarium it is a good test site for resistance. I set out pairs next to each other in various locations throughout my garden and the results seem fairly conclusive.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote