View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013   #33
doublehelix
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf4grrl View Post
So, I did try - to no avail - to get somewhere with this in 2011 - decide for yourself. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it with an apology. So far, every breeder I've spoken to has agreed with me.

Bravo Sur4grrl.

I too was dismissed over that tomato and the one called Black Anna, now called Darth Mater.

If someone started passing around seeds from an old heirloom claiming they had been growing it for more than a decade and everyone started getting different tomatoes, what would you think?

What if you saw two fruit colors, four fruit shapes, three different growth habits and several fruit sizes? I know what I would think. I would think they were lying about how long they have been growing that tomato.

I would also conclude that it was not a long lost heirloom but in fact a segregating hybrid grow out. I know that if I found an old heirloom growing on an abandoned farm I would not wait a decade to mention it. Would you?

But every single one of Dean's followers, including Bill, just keeps going right along with the Sweet Beverley story, supporting and defending what is to any rational person a total fabrication.

You and I were dismissed because that is not a forum, it is a cult.

Dean uses the oldest manipulation tool in the book. The technique has been used for generations by Pedophiles and Cult leaders.

"I am giving you something special", "I am telling you something secret", "you are part of the inner circle".

They take things from us breeders and then give them away to unsuspecting people recruited to join their forum. I am sure if anyone over there would reflect on their interactions with the group leaders will see this to be true.

Silly isn't it?
doublehelix is offline   Reply With Quote