View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013   #34
surf4grrl
Tomatovillian™

I have my own thoughts on the personal character and integrity of some individuals - and if you know me, you know what they are.

I'm not here to talk about anyone's personal failings - no matter how glaring I feel them to be and how they have affected me as someone who believed what I was told. Leave that for other forums.

My problem is with intentional misrepresentation to the average gardener or consumer all the while claiming to better the profession. To proclaim to be one of the best...

How about starting with the truth, instead of mythology?

Ask a farmer who grows professionally if they can hand irrigate 10,000+ tomatoes using a garden hose "the old fashioned way". Yeah, that was stated in 2011 too.

LOL

I don't care about anyone's personal idiosyncrasies or failings - and I certainly don't want to assassinate anyone's character either.

But to call people liars when they observe and measure identifiable results from seed they received is wrong. Why not just say its an unstabilized cross - I still would have grown it - now I won't grow anything I got from there because it's bogus to me. I never could get a straight story.

I'm sick of the lies, ego, and bravado surrounding tomatoes - all to what - to have the most? To be the coolest? I dunno, it escapes me, high school has long passed me by.

Sweet Beverley is a mutation? Yeah, of the truth.

Tell me those variants in that photo are a mutation with the very first time I grew it out with the seeds I had. Really?
surf4grrl is offline   Reply With Quote