View Single Post
Old November 29, 2014   #96
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
I've been in Virginia since 2005. I don't know that they've *always* done the late Aug/early September fade, but the last 5 years that I've been watching out for it, I've noticed it.
Hello Ken

I am just so excited about these small Ground Cherry. These Ground Cherry has been growing on the property for over 100 years and I did not realizes they were the wild tomatoes that were described to me 20 years ago brought to this property by Contraband Slaves.. I am so in shock that they were growing all over everywhere. I notice the squirrels would eat them each years, so I would let the grow far away from my Pecan Tree and Tomatoes. I cannot believe there are little tiny tomatoes in side that small husk.

I thought this was a weed but I wanted to someday Identify along with 3 other strange fruity looking plant. Thank God for Eatable Garden and Botanical Garden around the world giving people the opportunity to see their fruits and vegetables grown from grocery store growing their own environment. I myself might start giving tours again.

They are growing all over the place. I think the name "Aunt Molly's" is a good name for these sweet ground Cherry.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote