View Single Post
Old June 2, 2015   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
Yes , great thread that was suddenly dropped about a year ago.

I came across this in Google search , the reason being I happened to be growing Big Rainbow. I also visited several seeds sellers sites. But the info there has been just like what you find on the seed packet.

Now that I am here, I would like to find first hand information from those who have grown BR in the recent past and/or growing it this season, so that we can trade notes during the season.
Well, of course, other variety names in the opening post would also be interesting to talk about in terms of growing, productivity, taste and other particulars about them.
The history and genetics, DNA already discussed enough already, I think. Personally, I am not qualified to get into that. Neither am I interested about it. However, the topic is open for those interested.

Gardeneer
The thread was not suddenly dropped at all. Like all threads it came to an end b'c there was nothing more to say.

You wrote:

(Now that I am here, I would like to find first hand information from those who have grown BR in the recent past and/or growing it this season, so that we can trade notes during the season.)

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding how any more input about Big Rainbow would be needed after all the info earlier in this thread as well as many more threads here about gold/red bicolors including Big Rainbow available for a simple search.

I have a hard time understanding why you would want someone who had grown it in the recent past, not sure what recent means, so that you can get their opinion about it'

What I do know is that you have a penchant for reviving older threads not so much here so far, but elsewhere where you post a lot of revivals.

But of course, any one interested can post as you mentioned above,

Carolyn