View Single Post
Old June 22, 2013   #25
tlintx
Tomatovillian™

Yes, thank you! That clears up my confusion completely. Well, on this subject, anyway.

Are there any indeterminate micro-dwarfs? Is such a thing possible? Probably wouldn't stay less than a foot tall over a long growing season?

I have got to learn how to cross-pollinate. Those little anthers are so small and my fingers are so clumsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsguy76 View Post
Now I have noticed a distinct differences between my two Tiny Tims. One seem to fit the bill well, squat, nice thick central stem rugose foliage and about 8-9 inches tall. The other one however is less squat a bit more open growth habit and at a height of about 14-16 inches. The fruit trusses seem to be a bit more uniform as well. When I realized this I was worried so I made sure I went back to the Tiny Tim that seemed right and made duplicate crosses that I had made to the not so Tiny Tim one, if that makes sense. I sure hope I get ripe fruit in time to grow some f1's out in the fall!!!
From what I've read, there can be differences in size in the dwarfs based on growing conditions. Maybe one gets a little more sunlight than the other?

Clumsy fingers crossed for you!!!
tlintx is offline   Reply With Quote