View Single Post
Old October 15, 2012   #29
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronabarb View Post
Zana,

For the recipes you are posting, please do not post canning recipes that do not give directions for proper water bath processing. If you do not know how much time the jars need to be processed, please say to refrigerate or freeze. Only approved canning recipes can be posted here for safety reasons. I would appreciate it if you would edit the ones already on the board.
Does that go for me too? Because I also don't can things in a traditional manner, nor do I tell people what method, pressure cooker, hot water bath, or just hot brine fill. Shoot my Mom even uses an old Carolina method that involves COLD brine!

We even used to make Sauerkraut by using zinc lids and purposely not sealing them so they could ferment naturally!

Then afterwards we had many uses for the extra cabbage vinegar including so called Sauerkraut pickles!

I am pretty sure that pretty much breaks every rule in the book! It's a wonder I even survived childhood on the farm.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote