View Single Post
Old July 14, 2014   #166
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

For those of you who have been here for several years you might remember that when I found out that ADam was bringing back his father's seed listings, that i put up a thread in the WaNTED subforum and asked for folks to send seeds to him since he had very few listings.

We did it a second time.

In the early 80's
there were just two commercial places where one could buy heirloom and other OP varieties, one was SeedsBlum,she went under, and Gleckler's where I bought lots of seed for tomatoes and many other crops.So did craig,nctomatoman althoughwe didn't know each other at that time but did after 1989 via SSE.

Adam used to call me on his cell phone as he wandered through his tomato fields.

A couple of years ago i sent him many new varieties for trial,athis request,but I saw none of them being offered the next year.

I e=mailed Ellie several times about what was going on and never got a response.

Then someone I know who had subcontracted to Adam for seeds, and I can't be specific here,said it looked like he was giving up the business.

The familybusiness is concrete,and Adam had loyalties to both the familyconcrete business and his own family and also his seed business.

I'm not surprised that the website is gone,perhaps just too much pressure on him as I indicated above.

i wish Ellie and Adam and their own family a bright future,whatever it might turn out to be.

Carolyn