View Single Post
Old October 27, 2011   #69
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Got this on a recipe newsletter in the last few days. It intrigues me enough that I'm going to try it. The poster did not include any quantities, just her impressions. So I would suggest that you adapt any favourite existing Tomato Soup Recipe you have by adding the blue cheese to it.

Zana

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chunky Blue Tomato Chicken Soup

Ever make one up a recipe and really can't think of what to call it? That's the case I'm in today. I took some left over chicken/vegetable/rice soup I made a couple o' days ago, put it in a blender with a can of fire roasted tomatoes and pureed it on low speed so it would still have some texture and a little bulk. Melted some light butter substitute in sauce pan, and added the soup mixture to it. I actually made two meals out of it. For lunch, I had it just as I've described. For dinner, I took a tip I got from the tv show, "the Chew". Iron Chef Michael Symon made a creamy smooth tomato soup and added blue cheese to it and then pureed the cheese into the hot soup with a micro blender. I didn't use a micro blender, I just whisked about a tablespoon or two of crumbled blue cheese into my hot soup. I garnished it with a sprig of parsley and served it to myself with a dollop of plain greek yogurt. It was delicioso! The blue cheese didn't take anything away, it actually added more complexity and depth to the soup. I also had some wheat thin crackers along with it. I think I've come up with a title as I text this, hence the subject line. Must have been from all those veggies in the soup.
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote