View Single Post
Old July 1, 2016   #75
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Zarca is very similar to Grot. I think it's even more firm. It's been on my counter for three weeks in hot weather and no air conditioning in the kitchen. It absolutely refuses to go bad. It's been in marketable condition the entire time.

Like Grot, I thought it would be awful, but it is actually quite good. These firm tomatoes are firm because the outside fleshy wall of the tomato is thick, but the internal juice and seed cavities are quite large and full of sweet juice. So they manage to be firm and juicy at the same time, which I did not know was possible.

I saved a few seeds from Titan Red. Despite being one of my favorites from last year, it got out-performed by its competition this year.

Tarasenko-6 has out-performed Cosmonaut Volkov quite handily. It will be my main indeterminate red for next year. I'd say Tarasenko 6 is 9/10ths the flavor of Cosmonaut and double the production.
Tarasenko-6 productivity was noteworthy.

I really liked Zarca. It's a versatile little tomato and the productivity is obscene. Flavor is quite good. More plants on the way.

This is as close to Grot as i get this year.

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Gordost_Sibiri
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote