View Single Post
Old August 23, 2018   #11
clkingtx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
I think I have the same green house or real close to it, still in the boxes after several years. Never put it up, and may never get to it, especially after this thread, LOL!!
LOL, if you never try, you never know the heartbreak of failure...wait, that's not quite how the quote goes, is it? I understand your hesitation, believe me. I am just really pretty crushed about it. Maybe yours wouldn't be as bad though?

I went ahead and took the cover off, as it was only ripping more at the seams, so I will leave it off until I am ready to repair it.

I have a plan now for what I will do, combining many of your suggestions:

First, I will do a temporary repair of the stitching of the seams that have torn. Then we will put the cover back on the frame. Next we will stretch the cover all the way down to the bottom, at the ground level of the greenhouse, and attach it there with snap clamps; which will be secured with screws. To finish the repairs, I will cut sections of 4mil greenhouse plastic and adhere with 100% silicone adhesive-and use to cover any areas where the seams stretch or tear.

Thank you all so much again for all your suggestions, and keep them coming, if you have any more!