View Single Post
Old August 11, 2016   #3
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Probably a general disclaimer, which they found necessary in attempts to try and please the public. That being said, I ordered some garlic from burpee one year and it was rather puny and did not produce big bulbs. So I think your query has merit.

In addition, I find that "most" of these places actually answer their phone and do not have a 12 step automated labyrinth you have to navigate. Very helpful people who are willing to give you a more direct answer.

I do find it odd that they deliver first come, first serve method. You probably drop your garlic in Sept., whereas, I plant garlic mid Oct. So, imo, I would think zone preference would be more applicable.

Out of curiosity, what size bulb would you find pleasing? I plan on trying some creole garlic this year and can utilize the information for my request. thx

Additional thought: Wouldn't the CLOVE size be of more importance? Some bulbs have a large number of cloves, while others distribute 8 or so. So a 2" bulb with only 8 cloves sounds suitable, IDK.

Last edited by My Foot Smells; August 11, 2016 at 08:50 AM.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote