Thread: 2018 garden
View Single Post
Old July 21, 2018   #5
platar
Tomatovillian™

Thank you!
We have a very rainy season this year but tomatoes are doing very good especially in the greenhouse, because the temperatures are lover. Last years when it was very hot above 35°C in the shade they were literally cooking inside. I have many varieties from all over the place.
Volovsko srce (Oxheart) Novosadski Jabučar and one no name variety from our part of the Europe.
Then I have a lot of black varieties:Black Bear, Black Plum, Black Krim Japanese Black Trifele there are also bicolors like Red Zebra some yellow and orange ones Goldfisch and Amish Paste, as also Zapotec, Nepal and Hezhou from around the world.
I got also dwarf varieties: Rosella Purple, Danko, Perth Pride, Bison and Budenovka and a few cherry ones: Helsing ★★★★★★★★ Blues, Sweetie and Sprite.
I like them all and I like to have many colors.
Here are some more pics:
A local variety produces very large tomatoes the large ones are well over 1 kg (2,2Oz)

Budenovka this one surprised me as a semi determinate it has grown very big

Dwarfs-Rosella Purple and Perth Pride

And from the country side

This one is from last year...

And today it is time to make some sauce they were picked yesterday in the greenhouse. I`m glad because they ripen so well with no cracks and green shoulders.

Last edited by platar; July 21, 2018 at 05:05 AM.
platar is offline   Reply With Quote