View Single Post
Old April 18, 2018   #10
DocBrock
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Thank you for not misunderstanding my reply.
Sometimes I feel it is better to ask questions instead of telling things and I try to do better.
I should have asked why do you want to be organic, but I didn't.
I would have learned more to better respond instead of running my trap about stuff.
But it was early in the morning.
Some of us here like myself call our stuff environmentally friendly not organic.
When I started thinking that way it allowed me to look up stream not down stream as to the products in every aspect.
What may be organic for me down stream may not be environmentally friendly up stream.
Everyone has free will to do as they choose and I choose either way sometimes.
That was the point I was trying to get across.
As for nutrients equal parts is a good start but soil testing will get you were you need to be most of but not all of the time.
Basically I try to live my live as close to how we were created as possible. Foods from God, not from man. We've managed to screw up everything so bad as people that food isn't even the same as it was 50yrs ago. I'm not off the deep end as far as a prepper goes, but I try to be self reliant. I haven't purchased meat in years unless I'm at a restaurant or going to a get together with other couples. My wife and I have been able to live off of the meat and fish that I've harvested myself, whether it's deer, ducks, geese, pheasants, or fresh caught fish. Venison isn't even organic anymore cause they gorge on pesticide laced gmo'ed corn these days, but I take pride that I'm the only one who ever laid hands on the animal. I even do my own butchering. I guess I'm trying to carry that over to my garden, where I only add fertilizers that are in a form found naturally. Putting it the way you did worth, I think you're right about environmentally friendly and organic not going hand and hand. I just don't want to eat man made chemicals, even though npk all cause the same environmetal problems when put into a watershed whether they came from conventional or organic products.
DocBrock is offline   Reply With Quote