View Single Post
Old March 14, 2018   #21
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
I have 10 years left until retirement, lol.
That 10 years will be up, before you know it. If its possible, depending on your work schedule, you might go ahead and get started. Even if you can attend a Market, lets say once per month, it gets your foot in the door. Then when you retire, you will already have the advantage of being established, and you can ramp up production. If you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
Yes, 85 miles is a haul. Takes close to 2 hours each way with my old trucks. But it's the biggest and was the best market in the state. 120 - 160 vendors every Sat. And a bigger variety of stuff than any other market. It's still a good market but since every little town now has some kind of market, it doesn't get the traffic it used to. It's still better than any others I could do instead.

Yah, we have some markets like described with rules out the wazoo. Mine have enough rules but at least don't limit competition like some others do. I tried to get in another market but I had too many things like a couple of others already there so they never even got back to me.

Carol

That irritates me. "You'll hear from us"... yeah, right. I know what that means.

I can understand a Market having some basic rules. I got that. But when they start wanting itemized lists, etc. Thats just too much. Matter of fact another Market I know of, that I looked into at one time, went belly up. Then the person who runs it, moved the location and came up with a new name. Im sure its ruled the same way.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote