View Single Post
Old February 22, 2020   #20
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBuckets View Post
KarenO

Here a couple of pics, larger tom is a ColdSet Dwarf (sprouted mid December and potted up in early February) and smaller is Fire Marzano Roma sprouted early January.
Ok, they are both very stunted and small for their age but the Marzano fire looks alright just small. What are they growing in? Have they been in good light and a warm area? I would expect a seedling planted mid December to be budding by now in my house. It’s a sad thing to say but I recommend a do-over with new specifically formulated seedling mix and either new or soaked and scrubbed in soapy bleach water and rinsed. with a thoroughly cleaned planting area. fusarium is one of the organisms that can cause damping off and I’m concerned it could be wilt.
Seedlings that are growing fast and well in good conditions can have a chance to fight off or outgrow infection but slow growing cold wet seedlings really can’t and even survivors are unlikely to do well for you despite your best efforts.

In illustration, this photo is of seedlings sown at the end of January and are growing fast as I would expect in my house under lights. Sown in seedling mix and potted up now to individual pots up to their first set of leaves. I think you will have better luck with the next ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3FEBAF9D-68AB-46E1-8EFB-7CDFA459E934.jpg (186.5 KB, 108 views)
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote