View Single Post
Old January 26, 2011   #69
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,

Yes, I knew Kang Bing was larger than a typical cherry. I called it ping pong ball size. I don't remember it being egg shaped. It did seem to be somewhat lighter yellow than Egg Yolk too.

As far as the Sara's goes, I finally got my envelope to you for the seeds and the real Sara's is on my list.

I checked what Tania has for Sara's last summer and we both got our samples from the same person. What Tania has is also not the usual small currant type. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about using some other name. The best I could do to let people know it has Sara's background but isn't the true Sara was to call it "large". We know that the currant types are prone to crossing easily and I'm sure tha's what happened with the seeds we both got.

If you have a better suggestion, I'd be willing to go with something else for my larger variety.

It is still a wildly rampant plant with LOTS of small cherries tho about twice the size of a currant type. The leaves aren't quite that typical rounded shape that currants have tho aren't quite like a regular tomato either.

One reason I requested the true Sara's is obviously to grow the true Sara's but also so I can grow them near each other to see how similar or different they actually are.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote