View Single Post
Old January 27, 2007   #31
angelique
Tomatovillian™

Well, this year was my third year purchasing seeds from Sandhill Preservation. Last year, I had mixed feelings about their quality of service, but I am giving them another chance.

Basically, last growing season, I placed my order at the end of 2005, because I wanted to get an early start on some varieties. To make a long story short, I orderd Kazakh melon seeds along with several other seeds. I tried several times to germinate the melon seeds (from Feb to late May) without any luck, so I contacted them via email.

I was told by who ever replied (all email signatures are "Glenn and Linda Drowns"), that their seeds are only good for the year purchase. I just don't understand why I would get 2005 seeds at the end of the year. To add insult to injury, he/she/they also said in the email response,

"We can only guarantee germination for the year in which the seed is purchased as we have no control over how that seed is stored once it leaves our facility".

Oh well. Luckily, I was promised a courtesy credit for a seed packet on 6/10/06. The credit never arrived.

I mailed my 2007 order to them last Tuesday. I also just emailed them regarding my outstanding credit.

I'll update you with their response. Like I said, I did order with them again. Perhaps, the bad customer service was a one time thing...Or so I hope.
angelique is offline   Reply With Quote